Veterans Affairs Pharmacy Support Page
Need to Place an Order?
- As of May 21st, 2012, VA orders for ScripTalk items should be placed with
sole source contract #VA 791-12-D-0016
If you’d like to place an order for your VA, please fax either the VAMC_2012_Order_Form.doc or your PO to us at 309-452-3643. Please note that we do not automatically confirm that a PO has been received. If you would like to know the status of your order, or if you’d like to provide us with the credit card information for a PO separately over the phone, please call 800-890-1180 and have your PO# ready.
You can request pricing information from our contact page or call us at 800-890-1180. Please note that we will only email pricing information to a va.gov address. Be sure to include the VA location that the potential order would be for.
Need ScripTalk Printer Support?
ScripTalk Printer Manual
Download the ScripTalk Printer Manual (Rev. 2) ( PDF: 68MB)
To download an electronic version of the Lantronix MPS-100 Micro Print Server User Guide, go to: http://www.lantronix.com/support/downloads/?p=LPSMPS.
Reset / Reinitialize Procedure
If your printer is skipping labels or printing void labels, here are the instructions for a ScripTalk printer reset/reinitialize:
- RESET: Starting with a solid green light, press and hold the button on the printer and watch the series of flashes – 1 flash, 2 flashes, 3 flashes, 4 flashes. After the 4 flashes, immediately release the button and the printer should output a couple of blank labels.
- REINITIALIZE: Go to the Set Up and Test ScripTalk Device menu in VistA and send the Reinitialize ScripTalk Printer command. The message “Task Queued” should appear on the machine, and there will be no output at the printer.
- SAMPLE: From the same menu, send Print Sample ScripTalk Label and check the output at the printer.
Call Printer Support if you have any difficulties with this procedure.
Flashing Red Light
If your printer has a flashing red light, open the printer and check to ensure that your printer ribbon is installed correctly. The printer ribbon cores have notches on the left hand side that need to be aligned with the printer tabs to lock them in place. Both the supply and take-up cores need to be aligned and inserted correctly for proper operation.
Solid Red Light
Contact Printer Support (see below) to receive a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number. For warranty purposes, have your printer Serial Number ready (located on the bottom of the printer).
- Toll-free ScripTalk Printer Support: 800-890-1180
- Use our contact page to email Printer Support
Need ScripTalk Reader Cleaning Instructions?
Cleaning Instructions (, 163KB)