i.d. mate Quest
- i.d. mate Quest Page
- i.d. mate Quest Changelog
- Quest Power Users
- Skype Mode Instructions
- i.d. mate Yahoo! User's Group
Quest User's Guide
i.d. mate Database
i.d. mate Summit Archive
i.d. mate Quest® is here!
i.d. mate Quest is a portable “all-in-one” talking bar code scanner that aids visually or print impaired individuals with the identification of items via the product’s bar code or UPC. Using text-to-speech and digital voice recording technologies, it allows users to access an on-board database of product descriptions, along with a tailored set of recorded voice messages. With i.d. mate Quest, the user can quickly add additional voice recorded information to existing products or to items not found in the database. Additional bar code labels are available to label any product or item that does not already have a bar code. Adhesive, tag, and clothing labels can be placed on nearly anything. Simply scan the bar code and add a voice recording.
And with i.d. mate Quest, you now have additional modes of identification and information access with wireless internet connectivity and an on-board camera. This provides for multiple features such as an extended database, currency identification, Skype video conferencing, and object recognition.
Text-to-speech and digital voice recording technologies allow the blind or print-impaired user to access items in their environment with a simple scan of a bar code. This talking bar code scanner provides instant identification of products, access to information, and affords a more independent life. Programmable bar code labels are provided to label any item that does not already have a bar code.
Built-in database items include grocery, health & beauty, pets, cleaning, vending, and CDs & DVDs. Extended information such as instructions, ingredients, and warnings are included for many items. This multi-million item database is just the beginning; it can be tailored to personal needs by adding items. Country-specific databases are available.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity make the database truly infinite. With direct access to numerous Internet resources, the user can update the database, as well as search unidentified items online.
An on-board camera provides access for video based features such as Currency Identification and Skype™ internet phone (beta). Use the integrated camera to get help reading documents, locating items, or for staying connected with family and friends.
MP3 capabilities allow the user to store and access music and audio files.
- Cyclone Scanner – quick, reliable scans
- Lightweight & Portable – 6 inches, 7 ounces
- Micro SD Memory Card – 8GB capacity
- Memo Recorder – record, play, and erase messages
- Inventory Capability – manage product inventory
- Rechargeable Battery – high-capacity LiPo battery
- Earphone Jack – amplification and privacy
- Alternate Connectivity – wi-fi and Bluetooth
- MP3 Capability – music, audio storage, and access
- Multiple Languages – English, German, French, and Spanish
- Time & Date – international time zones
- Instant Software Updates – download through the Internet
- New functions coming soon!
Functions & Applications
- Bar Code Scanner
- Date & Time
- Media Player
- Skype (beta)
- Currency Identification
- Online Product Search
- Home, Work, Hobbies
- Groceries & Food Preparation
- Vending & Warehouse
- CDs & DVDs
- Credit Cards, Playing Cards
- Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
- Storage & Organization
This product is approved by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.